Good to hear of your success Mike, glad the heads up worked!  My main
purpose in checking was seeing what Benin on 1566 was up to.... and then
saw all the other carriers.  I checked around 0330 ut and noted lots of
carriers but generally less audio than the previous night.  Best
carriers/close to audio were 1215 1377 1422 and two you didn't mention 1458
and 1485.  I checked a bit later and things seemed well down so I lost
interest.  Just curious what time did you hear all this?  And on a "broken
ewe" no less!  Here if I didn't have the newly strung 2100' beverage it
wouldn't have been even worth commenting about.  The shorter 1000'
beverages and any of the loops just weren't delivering.

Don
Lamont, Alberta

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Mike Stonebridge <stonb...@abnorth.com>
wrote:

> Hi Don:
>
> Many thanks for the heads up. Been thinking I should be checking out the
> band, but never quite got around to doing it.
>
> Didn’t forget tonight tho. Dozens of carriers from a low of 189 to above
> the 1500’s, tho most were above 999, Many were producing audio: France on
> 1206, 1278, 1377, 1577; Germany on 1107, 1422; UK on 909, 1053, 1089, 1215,
> 1053, 1341; Unid on1359.
>
> The highlight of the session was the UK on 1341 which turned out to the
> BBC’s Radio Ulster transmitter in Northern Ireland. No formal ID because it
> faded out at the TOH, but two men with Irish accents talking and a mention
> of the BBC at 06:01 was sufficient for me.
>
> Will go over the recording tomorrow, to see if there are any more gems to
> be found.
>
> Mike in St Isidore, AB. With a Perseus and my still unrepaired EWE.

[image: Company Logo]