I have to agree with and comment on Colin’s remarks:

> .'...having been on numerous DXpeditions/2nd Honeymoons, my wife, Andrea,
> gets better than most YL's the significance of success and failure in the DX
> game...

My wife and I honeymooned in NZ and Fiji in 1978. I brought along my old Sony
ICF-6700W (a BIG radio), a loop antenna and a cassette recorder. During our
honeymoon, I heard the election returns on KNX (first time around for Jerry
Brown). Also, it was the same weekend of the 10 to 9khz worldwide frequency
separation change. She was and still is very tolerant of my DX proclivity. It’s
part of the package. I pay dearly for this, however, sitting around in stores
while she non-stop shops. Good chance to catch up on e-mails...

> Yup, I'm a lucky stiff.
Yep, I agree!

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA