--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without
much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page40

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal
antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or randomwire; Nissan stock caradio
as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 710.0, Oct 29 at 1245 UT, `Cuestión de Minuto` seems to be title of
a news segment, ID for La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc, XEDP, 710 y 89.7 FM. Using
its on-frequency transmitter site at the moment, but not at all unusual to hear
the low-het at night from the other site. Efemérides items, text number,
weather, Chihuahua news. Believe I also heard a UT -6 TC go by, tho I would
have expected UT -7 already from deep Chihuahua beyond the frontera (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 730, Oct 25 at 0055 UT, instrumental jazz music, CCI from silly
football game in English at second quarter; 0057 UT Korean talk. We know the
last one is 500-watt KKDA Grand Prairie (Metroplex) TX; the FB could be KQPN
West Memphis AR. An interesting frequency tnx to no bigsig from 100 kW XEX in
the DF. NRC AM Log has none with a jazz format per se. It seems two of the
three Canadians on 730 specialize in traffic reports, French and English. I
suppose it could even be another Mexican (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 750, Oct 24 at 0220 UT, partido tonto de pelotas, mentions Toluca
and Veracruz. Could be XETI Tempoal, Veracruz. Also another station with
Spanish music vs WSB, probably KAMA El Paso (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** BONAIRE. 800, Oct 25 at 0051, I`m hearing weak Spanish under KQCV OKC
preaching in English: seems to be drama; 0053 closing program with Apartado 47,
Maracay, Venezuela address; also pedr...@transmundial.org so it`s certainly
PJB. Sked shows program was `Pedrito el Pulpo` (Octopus). No XEROK or anything
else is audible (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 800, Oct 29 at 1239 UT, weak Spanish with KQCV OKC nulled as much
as possible, but never completely. Suspect XEROK Juárez on greatly reduced
power from 50 kW, as we know by previous webcast check it continues to be an
``800`` station altho mostly inaudible. UT -6 timecheck at 1242 UT fitting for
a border city still on MDT; W&M low-key conversing but can`t pull anything
locally identifiable; much weaker than 720 presumed another Juárez but fading
by 1243 UT; 1249 UT brief musical segment (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 980, Oct 29 at 1253 UT, romantic music in Spanish, good signal
looping WSW; 1254 UT non-ID like ``980, a la torre``(?), more music; fading by
1256 UT. Probably usual XEFQ, Cananea, Sonora (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1030, Oct 24 at 0213, Spanish talk, federal and state PSAs, 0215 ID
as Radio Fórmula, i.e. XEYC Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) See also UNID 1240

** MEXICO. 1060, Oct 23 at 0630, looking for possible KXPL El Paso at night
from the west, not since 0230, but instead from the south, weak ID from Radio
Educación, XEEP DF. Also with a LAH from XERDO Tamaulipas, off-frequency as
always; almost: I meant to mention with earlier KXPL log that then I was not
hearing a het even when I aimed south (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
See also USA: KXPL

UNIDENTIFIED. 1240, Oct 24 at 0203 UT, surprised to find some Spanish talk
slightly above the graveyard pileup. I get it on the E-W ALA-330S antenna, but
not on the N-S NVLW, which means it is approx. but not necessarily exactly from
the east/west. Some ads; 0206 UT I seem to miss a full ID which mentions a
frequency ending in punto cinco, i.e. an FM simulcast, ``una estación
(tropical?)`` or something similar, ``todo lo que gusta``, 0207 UT seems to go
into music as it is fading into the din.

Now begins the search for possibilities, top states to check in the NRC AM Log
2015-2016 for SS being: AR, CO, IL, KS, KY, LA, MO, NM, OK, TN, TX. Here are
the only 1240 SS stations in all those states:

IL: WSBC Chicago (+ETH, not all Spanish, but from the NE)
TN: WNVL Nashville (only one due east)
TX: KTAM Bryan (only 380 watts; but from the SSE)
TX: KSOX Raymondville (only 850 watts, but from due south, in the RGV)

Some have an FM but none listed in .5. By proximity I would have picked Dalhart
or Albuquerque, but AFAIK neither is in Spanish. Of course one of the listed
English stations in all those states could have flipped format since August.
Ideas?

WNVL website http://www.activa1240.com/ says nothing about any FM, which surely
they would plug if they had any. Unless it`s outdated; I see a 2014 date on it.
WNVL is a sibling to 880 Ranchera, the one which has been relayed on 6220 &
8820 SW tnx to WWCR and WNQM.

Due to the DF, I have discounted from the outset that it could be a Mexican,
but check IRCA Log anyway and find that of the 13 stations on 1240, three of
them do have FMs in .5 --- and not all of them are 1 kW or less like in the US.
Only 1/1 kW XEWG in Ciudad Juárez would be close enough to westward, but no FM
known. Cantú also had the three others with XXX.5 FM of the 12 he listed. CiJz
is common here on many other frequencies including 1300, so maybe that`s it.
Distance almost a megameter, 946 km or 588 statute miles (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search, Oct 26 at 1232-1235 UT, just before
sunrise here at 1249 UT: JBA carriers: 774 from NW; 702 and 882 from west; 612
not sure which angle (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Oct 29 I awaken at 1145 UT, so right to the DX-398 for a
Trans-Pacific carrier search, starting as always with 774 which is memorized in
USB offset mode --- there it is, a JBA carrier from the NW, and stronger than
all the others I detect in the next few minutes: 747, 702, 693, 594, 873, 972,
1053, 1125, 1143. Back to 774 at 1159 straining to hear a trace of the NHK
timesignal at 1200, but cannot. Sunrise here not until 1252 UT (Glenn Hauser,
Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) end

--- End Message ---