--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without
much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page43

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only
or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan
stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. 720, Jan 21 at 0457 UT, 10:56 timecheck on ``La Kaliente``, so what
is the temp? Phone 439-1001, 0500 mentions Colonia Universidad, Multimedios,
0501 PSAs from CNDH, another mentioning Coahuila. Quite good with WGN
completely nulled, weakened by ``auroral conditions`` as tipped on IRCA list,
which is why I start MW tuning during this semihour. In fact, can only hear
bits of WGN by nulling this, i.e. XEDE Saltillo, supposedly 8000 day, 250 watts
night. During ``normal`` conditions, XEDE QRMs WGN with a slow SAH and captures
during WGN fades, especially on caradio where it can`t be nulled.
Reconfirmation of this ID clarifies that the other 720 I am hearing has to be
Juárez despite CST timechex on it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Jan 21 at 1322 UT, Mexican station definitely loops WSW toward
Juárez, i.e. XEJCC, rather than SSW toward Saltillo. Federal PSAs including for
Cámara de Diputadas y Diputados, with a woman citing how many women are now
elected there, but didn`t catch the number or percentage, anyhow accounting for
the feminine/masculine name reference. Also for Secretaría de Comunicaciones y
Transportes (SCT) about the digital TV transition, then a yelling ad for
something costing ``5 pesitos`` (how many pesitos in a peso??), timecheck for
7:23! Which is CST = hora del centro de México, which is NOT the time in Juárez
on MST an hour earlier. Back to hyper morning show with callers, about the
benefits of dancing, ``vamos a la playa a calientar`` (let`s go to the beach to
warm up --- a long way from Juárez); 7:26 TC, music, fade-out at 1329 UT. Today
I don`t hear a ``Fonógrafo 720`` slogan, but see previous discussion with my
Jan 13 log. Anyhow we know XEDE Saltillo is still ``La Kaliente`` as re-logged
last night.

One other northwest Mexican is listed on 720, XEVU, Éxtasis Digital in
Mazatlán, which I`ve yet to get past these two, altho Sinaloa is otherwise a
prime sunrise spot (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Jan 16 at 0700, choral NA is playing, multi-verse until 0705
full XEROK Radio Cañón ID ``desde la frontera norte``, full, but not including
any assertion of current power level, presumably 50 kW once again after a long
QRP hiatus --- equipment problem, or deliberate downgrade? It seemed the
latter, like with co-Juárez station XEJ 970. No reference to a new FM, just
Grupo 7, not to be mistaken for Ciento 7 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, XEROK, follow-up to my observations that it`s back on the air
seemingly with full 50 kW power, from Humberto Molina, El Salvador, Jan 17 on
the dxldyg:

``Hi! Something about Radio Cañón: on January 12, Mario Arriola ask for report
to the "Diexismo" Facebook Group; he claims than the station has now 35 kW.
Saludos!!`` (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 1809, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 810, Jan 21 at 0502, as I dig into the pile of sigs here with the
NRD-545 on N/S not very longwire, ID as ``Radio Rey, realmente musical``. That
means of the 15 Mexicans listed by IRCA on this frequency I have heard the
weakest, XERI Reynosa, Tamaulipas, 100 watts night (1000 watts day); tnx to
auroral conditions.

Which reminds me, I haven`t heard the major signal on 810 in ages, the other
Tamaulipan, XEFW Tampico, 50/1 kW. It supposedly goes off at 0400, while XERI
is 24h. The two cities are 427 km = 265 miles apart, so you`d think XEFW would
be QRMing XERI in daytime coverage, both supposedly non-direxional, equivalent
to putting a station in Enid on 820 despite WBAP at about the same distance
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 860, Jan 21 at 0503, poetic oration in Spanish, mentions Bohemio,
loops N/S with KKOW KS no problem, 0504 singing ID for Radio Recuerdo, full ID
as XENL, 860-AM, 5 mil watts, 103.7 HFM, Monterrey NL, for 5 décadas, from
Multimedios. Night power is supposed to be only 1.5 kW, but let`s not get into
that (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 870, Jan 15 at 0221, as I tune across WWL, I hear ``RR`` in Morse, so
Radio Reloj is underneath. WRTH 2016 shows three CMBDs on 870: 10 kW each in
Bueycito, Granma and Baracoa, Guantánamo; 1 kW in Sancti Spíritus, SS. SS is
the closest from mid-isle, altho weakest. Here`s a handy map and list by
frequency provided by Bruce Conti:
http://www.bamlog.com/cubalist.htm
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1521.0, Jan 10 at 0136, definite carrier here hetting KOKC OKC,
surely the usual 2-megawatt BSKSA beast at Duba in the NW corner (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1521.0, Jan 20 at 0138, JBA het on KOKC 1520.0 OKC, presumably
SAUDI ARABIA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---