Today in the paper is an obituary for Mary Jane Pohlers,
who helped put Joliet's first FM station on the air in
1960.  I recall listening to this station, WAJP shortly
after it came on the air with Al Pohlers, Mary's husband,
as the announcer. The programming sounded "home made" and
probably operated from a studio in their home.  They aired
 local programing including a Polka show.  Occasionally
when Al was on the air he would say "Mary, can you please
get me another cup of coffee" and in the background you
would hear her weak reply, probably from the kitchen "Yah,
just wait a minute and I'll bring you a cup....."

Tom Jasinski
Joliet, IL