About 6 or 7 years ago Steve Ratzlaff and I connected via email and started a
coordinated listening effort for long-wave broadcasters from Europe and Africa.

On evenings when I could hear them in Michigan I would email Steve and in spite
of being on the West Coast, he could often capture them also. We were pretty
amazed.  Steve was running some incredibly long wires at the time and I think
it goes without saying is a pretty savvy radio DX'er.

We referred to them as TA's until I examined the path one day and came to the
conclusion that Steve was actually listening over nearly a trans-polar route.
Which made it all the more impressive.

I don't know how you West Coast guys do it!

Scott