      From: Steve Ratzlaff <ratzlaffst...@gmail.com>
<irca@hard-core-dx.com>
 Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 9:51 PM
 Subject: [IRCA] S. AZ TA LWBC

Seeing reports of TA activity I finally thought to give it a try
tonight, using my N/S and E/W longwires. Lots of MW hets though nothing
close to producing audio, but LWBC doing much better. It's probably been
5 years since I moved from the Oregon site where I had longwires and had
some decent LWBC reception, so it's very nice to see I can also get some
of that again here, much farther south. The S9 to S9+10 constant storm
static tonight isn't helping, but I am hearing some audio.

Steve AA7U

near Sahuarita, AZ

R75; 750' N/S and 950' E/W longwires (both do about the same for these
TA LWBC, I note.)

(153 strong het but can't pull any audio out; almost seems like just the
carrier is left on with no modulation?)

162 France very poor/poor on peaks 0418

171 Morocco poor 0430

252 Ireland weak on peaks, would be perfectly readable except for the S9
static. 0413 to present (0446) utc.

(Weak hets on 189 and 198; hard to tell above that due to NDB carriers
every 1 kHz; 252 is strong enough to easily produce audio.)

--- End Message ---