From: IRCA <irca-boun...@hard-core-dx.com> on behalf of Robert Ross
<va...@rogers.com>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 2:54 AM
To: IRCA AM List
Subject: [IRCA] AM BCB DX……NEW Province # 9 British Columbia

Hi Guys:

    Great conditions to the West have returned with this report. The morning of
Oct/9th produced some nice Late Sunrise conditions to the Vancouver area that
netted me 3 Vancouver stations and NEW Province # 9.  A New Calgary station was
also logged during this time frame. Another welcomed addition a few days
earlier was New Mexico on 880 kHz. Overall the conditions to the West have been
very good this DX Season! Took me 40 + years to finally hear British Columbia!

RECEIVER…………ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA………..WELLBROOK ALA-1530LNP Imperium Loop

AM LOG TOTALS are now…………….1,918 Stations Heard.

73…..ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

730  CHMJ  Vancouver, BRITISH COLUMBIA  Oct/09/16  0728 EDT      EE     FAIR
Female DJ with Traffic Reports @ 0728 EDT with many mentions of Vancouver.
Short Weather
Report @ 0728 EDT. Mentioned "Traffic In and Out of North and West Vancouver".
Mentioned
"South Bound Vancouver". Also a Mention of a Bridge closure in Vancouver. Promo
for their
Twitter Site for Traffic Reports @ 0730 EDT. ID as "AM 730 - Traffic 24/7" by
Female. Also said
"All Traffic - All the Time". @ 0730 EDT. Mentioned "Starting tomorrow in
Downtown Vancouver".

NEW STN           NEW PROVINCE # 9 Heard          50 kW
ROSS, ON.
1040  CKST  Vancouver, BRITISH COLUMBIA  Oct/09/16  0729 EDT     EE    FAIR
Mix with WHO- Des Moines at Times…Over WHO at times!
Spot for ESPN Pgm "Mike and Mike" @ 0729 EDT. ESPN IDS and Promos 0729.
Male DJ said "This NFL Nation Report is brought to you byHome Depot.
Into NFL Talk and Mix with WHO - Des Moines.

Also had 730  CHMJ - Vancouver in at this time!

NEW STN                50 kW
ROSS, ON.
1130  CKWX  Vancouver, BRITISH COLUMBIA  Oct/09/16  0728 EDT    EE   FAIR
Male DJ with Canadian News items from 0728-0730 EDT. Mixing with WDFN - Detroit.
Male DJ with spot for "Clean Canada" @ 0730 "Log onto "Clean Canada dot ca"..

NEW STN                          50 kW
ROSS, ON.
770  CHQR  Calgary, ALBERTA   Oct/09/16   0728 EDT      EE   FAIR
Male DJ with News Items @ 0728 EDT. Short Wx Report @ 0728 EDT.
ID by Male DJ as "You're listening to ???? on CHQR". More News Items
0729-0730 when Blasted out by WTOR - Youngstown, NY Sign-On.

NEW STN                    50 kW
ROSS, ON.
880  KHAC  Tse Bonito, NEW MEXICO  Oct/07/16  0659 EDT   EE     FAIR-GOOD
Under WCBS - But clear and easily readable!
Female DJ with Weather Report @ 0659 EDT. Female DJ with ID @ 0659 EDT as
"This is KHAC Tse Bonito - On the Western Indian Network". "Listen online @
Western Indian dot Net - on the KHAC App". @ 0700 EDT. Into Talk @ 0700 EDT..

NEW STN                       10 kW/430 Watts
ROSS, ON.
570  WSYR  Syracuse, NEW YORK   Oct/07/16   0600 EDT     EE     GOOD
Male DJ with ID @ 0600 EDT as "Syracuse's News, Weather and Traffic Station -
News Radio 570 - WSYR, now on 106.9 FM". Into the "Six O'clock News".
Traffic Report before the News.

NEW STN                          5 kW
ROSS, ON.
1110  WUNN  Mason, MICHIGAN   Oct/08/16  1900 EDT   EE      FAIR
Female DJ with ID @ 1900 EDT as "With a message for the Capitol City - This is
AM 1110 AND 99.9 FM WUNN - MASON/LANSING". Male DJ also with ID as "A Christian
Listener Supported Ministry - Family Life Radio". Into Relig. Talk.

NEW STN                     1 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
730 WUMP  Madison, ALABAMA  Oct/06/16  0700 EDT    EE    FAIR
Male DJ with ID as "Am 730 and 103.9 - THE UMP". Into CBS Sports Talk
@ 0700.

RELOG                        1 kW/129 Watts
ROSS, ON.
620 WVMT  Burlington, VERMONT  Oct/06/16  0600 EDT     EE      FAIR
In the Jumble. Male DJ with ID as "AM 620 WVMT - Burlington-Plattsburgh".
Into News @ 0600 EDT.

RELOG                      5 kW
ROSS, ON.
650  CKOM  Saskatoon, SK.  Oct/09/16  0729 EDT      EE      VG
All Alone on the Frequency…….
Female DJ with ID @ 0729 EDT as "News, Talk, Sports - I'm ??? from the 650 CKOM
News Center".
Into News by Female Announcer. "Man Stabbed overnight in Saskatoon". News item
from Regina.

RELOG                10 kW
ROSS, ON.

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America