--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without
much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only
or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan
stock caradio as specified; ICR-75  E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 540, Oct 9 at 1226, promo for Liga Mexicana [béisbol?] broadcasts on
La Mejor, 90.9 --- so I have managed to get XEHS, 5/2.5 kW, Los Mochis,
Sinaloa, past usual XETX in Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 580, Oct 13 at 1221, lots of addresses and phone numbers ``en esta
ciudad Chihuahua`` so it`s XEFI, listed by IRCA as Estéreo Mexicana (referring
only to FM XHFI 98.5?) AM is 5000/700 watts. Surpassing Lubbock and
surprisingly little from WIBW Topeka with direxional pattern SW. Was really
expecting XEMU Piedras Negras, and wonder if it`s still on AM. But this 580 is
much weaker than fellow Chihuahua2 620 station, XEBU 5000/250, so common I
seldom log it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Oct 8 at 1200, XE NA, 1202 Chihuahua SA, 1203 sign-on from
XEJCC, 720, mil watts, El Fonógrafo, street address, then usual inspirational
recitation plugging amor and other virtues, ``la noche quedó atrás, un nuevo
día``. 1206 over to live DJ with 6:05 TC ``en XEJCC, El Fonógrafo, 720``,
current temp 14, and predicted hi.

I wonder when they plug into feed from 1150 DF parent station, as heard in past
with one-hour-plus Central chex. Doing well for 1 kW, owning the channel now.
IRCA Log of last year had it as 25 kW day power, but under previous branding as
Extremo 720. But WRTH 2016 listed this as 1 kW, also Extremo (Glenn Hauser, OK,

** JAPAN. 774, Oct 12 at 1227 from NW, enough signal barely to perceive some YL
talk in Japanese intonation: JOUB, NHK-2, Akita. See also UNIDENTIFIED for many
more TP JBA carriers (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 820, Oct 8 at 1228, romantic music in Spanish from west, familiarly
from XEABCA Mexicali BCN, with hardly any WBAP now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX

** MEXICO. 820, Oct 13 at 1227 immediately upon tune-in, canned YL ID ``Canal
800-20, ABC Radio``, song, i.e. XEABCA from Mexicali BCN. At least as weak as
WBAP, easily separable (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 860, Oct 8 at 1217, Spanish talk about car theft rates in different
states, 1219 TC for 6+, so in MDT zone, another TC, ``información nacional``.
Loops SW. Ergo Chihuahua or Sinaloa: more likely XEZOL, Juárez, news format,
1000/500 watts, than XENW, Culiacán, variety format, 1000/250 watts. Anyhow,
KKOW not really showing up yet, not even for polka-time circa 1227. Our sunrise
today: 1233 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 900, Oct 8 at 0154, historical talk in Spanish about Cuba
mixing with ad in English for a .ca website. Therefore I am getting 50 kW R.
Progreso from way off in San Germán, Holguín (with // 890, 200 kW in closer
Chambas, Ciego de Ávila blocked by WLS which I am not trying to null); and, 50
kW CHML Hamilton, Ontario (likely rather than CKBI Prince Albert, Saskatchewan,
a rarity here). One could easily be getting Mexican or lots of little US
stations on 900 too, for four countries at once (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING

UNIDENTIFIED. 940, Oct 9 at 1235 UT, right at sunrise here, vocal Spanish
music, poor signal roughly SW/NE; YL DJ plugs ``la mejor estación, siga con
nosotros``. NRC AM Log has no likely SS near west of here, nor east. Cantú,
WRTH and IRCA Mexican Log all show nothing between these extremes: XEYJ,
Melchor Múzquiz/Nueva Rosita, Coahuila; and XERLA, Santa Rosalía, BCS; ruling
out XEMMM Mexicali which is oldies in English. Well, XEYJ should be very close
to sunrise too (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

``For what it's worth, last week at the Border Inn beverage site I listened to
XERLA for a few mornings between 1200-1300 UT. They have a new slogan "Radio
Surcalifornia" and frequently tag on "la mejor música para tus oídos" or other
similar phrases. They used both male and female announcers between songs, but
the "IDs" (slogans) with the additional phrases were generally in a female
voice. I can post a short audio clip if you want. Just need to dig it up from
my archives. 73 Tim Hall, ABDX`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 940, Oct 12 at 1235-1240, continuous Spanish music, from SW, so
Santa Rosalía BCS? as per Tim Hall (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1010, Oct 8 at 1213, I also have something in Spanish here, worth
pursuing among several possibilities in N/W Mexico, if I can get past Amarillo
et al. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 1030, Oct 13 at 1230, travelog about Puebla, then ``Radio
Fórmula Ciudad Juárez``. Nice to get a local ID from XEYC, 1/1 kW. Just before
it`s hit by C&W CCI from US station NE/SW, presumably KCWJ Blue Springs MO
flipping to day power; yes, its official October sunrise being 1230 UT (Glenn

** MEXICO. 1570, Oct 7 at 1325 UT, Spanish should be KTUZ in Tulza, by now
almost an hour after sunrise, but no, it`s still XERF, ``la forma más clara de
entender las noticias`` slogan for `Antena Radio, Primera Edición`, the IMER
flagship nationwide newscast (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA carrier search October 8 on the DX-398, well
before our sunrise 1233 UT:

At 1123, 738 from SW is much stronger than the others, almost upgradable to BA
instead of JBA, but not enough for modulation; presumably Tahiti, altho there
are also Australia/NZ stations on channel.

At 1125, 702-WSW, 693-WSW
At 1126, 774-WSW, 1035-WSW; none higher to topend
At 1131, 774-NW, so Japan competing with otherwise down-unders
At 1133, 738 still strongest and steadiest, from SW
At 1153, 738 is also detectable on the R-75/E-W longwire

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 9, before sunrise
here at 1234 UT:
At 1211, 774-WSW, 756-WSW, 712-WSW
At 1214, 657-WSW, 612-WSW, 603-WSW, 594-WSW
At 1216, 567-WSW, 828-NW, 846-WSW
At 1219, 1035-WSW, 1098-W
At 1220, 1116-WSW
At 1222, 1314-NW
Sometimes I can`t get a clear DF null on 774, and suspect I am getting both
Japan and Australia (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Oct 10, UT:
At 1219, 774-NW, 747-NW, 693-NW
At 1221, 657-??, 594-NW (distinct from 594+ spur from local KZLS 1640)
At 1223, 828-NW, 873-NW, 882-NW
At 1226, 1098-W
At 1227, 1116-WSW
At 1229, 1566-NW
All on the DX-398 with internal ferrite antenna only. Our sunrise today: 1235
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search October 12, generally from
NE, some a bit more ENE, hampered by lightning in the next OK counties:
0520-0525: 612, 639, 774, 936, 1044
0525-0530: 1062, 1152, 1413
0530: 783 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 12:
from 1213: 774-NW, 702-WSW, 675-??, 666-NW, 603-WSW, 594 NW & WSW
from 1219: 828-NW & WSW, 2 signals beating; 882-WSW, 891-NW, 1053-NW
from 1223: 1098-W
from 1228: 1566-NW
See also JAPAN: 774 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search October 13, all looping
roughly northeast on the DX-398:
>From 0601 UT: 612, 729, 747, 774, 837, 873, 882, 909, 999, 1044
>From 0604 UT: 1053, 1098, 1179, 1215, 1224
Might have found more hiband, but increasing local noise level. Yes, I need to
do this a few hours earlier (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 13:
>From 1213 UT: 774-WSW, 657-WSW, 612-WSW, 585-WSW
>From 1217 UT: 882-WSW
>From 1234 UT: 702-WSW, two carriers beating. Not during a 9-kHz scan, but
>noticed +2 kHz het on 700. Enid sunrise today: 1237 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX

--- End Message ---