--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page54

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in
frequency order

** CANADA. 680, November 26 at 0205 UT, quick weather break with temps plus and
minus 3, i.e. Celsius, i.e. Canada, i.e. CJOB Winnipeg. 50/50 kW U4 night
pattern supposedly goes only NNE (and day pattern only has a little tail to the
south). Before and after this I was getting 50/46 kW U1 CBW much stronger, q.v.
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 990, November 26 at 0153 UT, CBW Manitoba with `As It Happens` I
really should listen to more, kicker story about an ad in Britain being banned
because it called for messing with bean cans whose sharp edges might cut kids.
(Meanwhile I hear co-city station CJOB 680, q.v.). After the news, at 0210-0216
UT, `The Current Review` has a very interesting interview with a linguist who
was advisor to an Amy Adams movie about aliens, deciphering their language.
That would be ``Arrival`` I`ve yet to view (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** NEWFOUNDLAND. 2598-USB, November 26 at 0054, S6 robot YL with marine weather
in English, mentions Newfoundland Standard Time. It`s MCTS Placentia, VCP via
St Lawrence, Nfld. site starting at 0048 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** OKLAHOMA. UNIDENTIFIED. 1040, November 25 at 2007 UT, `Dave Ramsey Show` is
opening --- the only thing unusual in a MW bandscan on caradio from a quiet
location in central Enid, seeking early low-noon skywave. I tuned in too late
for any local ad or ID, but figure it`s WHO Des Moines. However: Rush is on
their sked at this time. There are only two other possibilities in this part of
the country: KGGR Dallas, which is religious, and KCBR Monument (Colorado
Springs) which is hip-hop (if active, and not to be confused with VOA Delano).
`Dave Ramsey Show` website agrees it is on other stations in those markets, so
what in the world did I get? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED [non]. 1040, Nov 26 at 1958 UT, I`m tuned in on the caradio a bit
earlier than yesterday to catch an ID from the mystery station which was
carrying Dave Ramsey from 2007 UT on Friday. There it is, weak but steady. This
time the Clark Howard show is upwrapping, TD America ad (how many
Unitedstatesians know that TD stands for Toronto Dominion?) And now at 10
seconds before 2000 UT, ID time! Which is dead air! Grrrrr. Then Fox News
Radio, 2002 UT USFS Wildfire PSA from Ad Council, 2003 UT more ``news``, 2005
UT ``News talk 960, KGWA`` --- so 1040 is a +80 kHz spur from one of my locals,
not WHO nor KGGR nor KCBR. And it makes a SAH of ~6 Hz with one of them. What
are the chances of a spur being that close to ``on`` frequency? Did KGWA
fine-tune it?

I`ve never noticed this before {nor is it audible at night, overwhelmed by
WHO}. Now, is KGWA 1040 produced by my Nissan caradio, or really there to be
heard on other receivers? I`m not hearing it at further part of Enid, but maybe
it`s just a worse signal/noise level. At 2126 UT I try it on the NRD-545 ---
yes, it`s audible and // 960. Spurs usually come in matching pairs, so how
about 880? Even here, KRVN Nebraska reaches us adequately on daytime
groundwave, but with the PL-880 on 960 and the NRD-545 on 880, I can make a //
to an 880 undersignal. I had previously suspected anything daytime under KRVN
would be a remnant of KJOZ in SE TX, if not further skywave.

So all three of our Enid AM stations, besides producing weak harmonics and
low-SW mixing products with each other, are also spur producers:

1390, KCRC as previously reported, constantly puts almost matching modulated
hets on 1420 and 1360, plus and minus 30 (but not exactly) kHz, and weaker
second order ones at different pitches, near 1330 and 1450 = plus and minus ~60.

1640, KZLS, puts at least one spur on about 595 kHz, object of a transmitter
search which took me out into the wilds of Garfield county a few weeks ago
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, Nov 30 at 0123 UT, Mexican music dominant, up to S9+30 by
0125 UT when a super-hype voice actor yells an ID but all I can copy clearly is
FM frequency ``100.3``. At 0130 UT, ``La estación que marcó la diferencia [. .
.], Ke Buena``. By 0134 UT it`s off or outfaded, but 0149 UT seems the same is
back with music. By 0157 UT the only Spanish on 1530 is definitely from N/S,
i.e. KGBT in the RGV; see log of that under U S A. Surely the original 1530 is
5 kW KXTD Wagoner OK (Tulsa market), daytimer which has been caught before way
after sunset. NRC AM Log shows its FM as on 104.9, so what would be on 100.3 in
or near Tulsa? WTFDA Database shows:

KCXR 100.3 TAFT 4.0 125.0 35-48-42 95-34-11 QUE BUENA REGIONAL MEXICAN

But does not show it // to 1530 or any AM. Taft is just west of Muskogee,
further than Wagoner, and with 4 kW not really covering Tulsa. That`s why they
also have this 29-watter in the big city:

K285GW // KXTD-1530 104.9 TULSA 0.029 0.0       36-06-25 95-47-13 QUE BUENA
REGIONAL MEXICAN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [non]. 1650, Nov 27 at 0132 UT, I`m getting two Spanish stations,
Denver and El Paso, and one sports English, Iowa, but NO religious music from
KFSW Sallisaw, which is of course our closest. Something continues to be very
strange with this station, not up to even 1 kW ND night power, or not on the
air at all. It has become a mere appendage of a 98.7 translator, but don`t
forget the AM still has to exist on the books; and on the air? (Glenn Hauser,
Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 6950, Nov 30 at 0155, no pirates, but a readable signal here,
which matches 1390 KCRC Enid, of which this is the fifth harmonic. It`s not
always readable, so what causes it to vary? Sometimes genuine pirates are on
6950 with no QRM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

=============

** U S A. 660, Nov 27 at 0156 UT from east/west, PSAs in English for Rotary and
US EEOC, some network news on hour and ID finally at 0203 UT for KTNN Window
Rock AZ plus a couple of other Navajo towns in rotation. Meanwhile at 0159 UT
another(?) 660 station was giving silly football scores for teams in the east,
as I hoped for a rare WFAN ID --- which KTNN is supposed to be protecting with
a null, but not now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, Nov 30 at 0157 UT, Spanish ad in dólares, somewhat American
accent, loops N/S unlike the Ke Buena I was getting earlier, i.e. KXTD Tulsa.
Maybe that daytimer finally went off by now. This is certainly 50/10 kW KGBT in
Harlingen TX, a Univisión América affiliate, but no top-of-hour ID, right into
a song (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---