At 00:03 02-12-16, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

Gimpo being in South Korea, what is it jamming from the south? (which might be why we don't hear it on northerly paths?) This siren is what I heard on 1053 years ago, have a recording from 2007; the recordings from 2008 are without sirens. I don't think I've heard the sirens since then.

I listened again to that recording I have of the siren jammer. It's really high quality, as is the Japanese station it's interfering with. I believe that was recorded in Japan, which I visited that year (hi). That might explain hearing the siren jammer rather than our west coast dull whooshing.

Ooops.

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch