No, not French or German at all, Paul.  It's sure sounds central Asiatic to
me, and very likely Radio Radio Tabriz, Iran.  You might consider listening
at :30 min mark for an ID, since Iran's time zone(s) is on the half-hour.
Iran a few years back, near the last solar minimum was well heard in Masset
during the same time frame, so perhaps this bodes well when I'm there in
January.  73,...Walt