A very interesting morning to say the least. Another snowfall began late in
the night causing a continuation of our winter wonderland. Monitoring from
14:15 to, well, the Asians are still with me at noon local/20:00 UTC.
Conditions were very much enhanced to China all morning with many 2nd and
3rd tiers present. Australia also made a modest presence with 1548 very
strong at times. 1566 was interesting as for a while around 16:30 or 17:00,
a Chinese station cochanneled and sometimes replaced HLAZ. Another mystery
for me is 1 kHz steady tone heard for hours on multiple frequencies
including 1296, 1368,1584 and others. Clearly an idle transmitter but not
sure what or who. I suspect Japan as it's still there at 19:45.  1575 AFN
was very strong with local base information and numbers so should be easy
to positively ID. The phone numbers were 226-4128 and 226-7273. No internet
so could not immediately verify. A "best" morning so far. 73, Walt