Expert DXers, I was listening this morning here in NW Chicago on 520Khz and
detected a carrier for the second time in the last week. I'm pretty sure
its a carrier because it fades up and down and comes in stronger on
antennas oriented SE and South. New to this but cant find any info on what
this might be. I thought it might be TIS but I looked at the list and could
not find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Also, picked up what
sounded like facsimile transmission on 518-519AM using LSB. Southern
direction. I made a recording. Sounds like weather fax but looked at the
NOAA list and see nothing on that frequency. Again, any help would be
appreciated.
Mike