--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page56
[over 200,000 views! as of March 9, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are
in frequency order

** CANADA. 2748.99-CUSB, March 5 at 0202 UT, marine weather by French YL,
including Madelaine, avis aux navigateurs. CCG website shows VCS Halifax via
Chebogue NS site starting at 0140 in English, then French. S8, better signal
than usual (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===========

** OKLAHOMA. 1000, March 9 at 1320 UT, KTOK OKC, mentions ``the late Mike
McCarville``, who had a morning talkshow here. Yes, he just died yesterday.
Another conservative I never listened to. Here`s a story:
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/163475/

``McCarville [portrait] --- Condolences to family and friends of longtime
OKLAHOMA radio talk show host and political commentator MIKE MCCARVILLE, who
died TODAY (3/8) at 76, according to a post at his website.
http://mccarvillereport.com/archives/43933

MCCARVILLE, most recently proprietor of "THE MCCARVILLE REPORT" political blog,
was a host and PD at KTOK-A/OKLAHOMA CITY and a commentator for KOSU/STILLWATER
and KGWA/ENID; he also filled in on NRANEWS.COM's talk shows online and on
SIRIUSXM RADIO.  He was a former reporter for THE OKLAHOMAN and THE TULSA
TRIBUNE, among many other papers and publications. and an Assistant News
Director for CBS affiliate KWTV/OKLAHOMA CITY.

In the post on THE MCCARVILLE REPORT, Contributing Editor JASON DOYLE ODEN
wrote, "It is my unfortunate duty to inform you that our friend MIKE MCCARVILLE
is no longer with us on Earth. After struggling with an illness, he has gone to
his deserved rest. That familiar laugh and smile are now part of Heaven’s
domain. It is the image of that twinkle in MIKE’s eyes and his quick offer of a
cup of coffee that haunt me as I write this piece to stay [sic] goodbye to the
man who was my boss, my mentor and best of all, my friend."``

Then weather by Emily Sutton, of KFOR-TV. Lots of TV weatherpersons have side
deals with various radio stations, extra cash, or it is just part of the TV
jobs for promotion? (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===========

** U S A. 910, March 9 at 1316 UT, loops WSW/ENE, listener comments on phone
separated by beeps, turns out to be a promo for calling 623-9100, for
``Noalmark Broadcasting Group and 93.7 The Beep``. Opinion format culled from
voice mails? Suspect it`s KKBE NM, soon confirmed by PSA for City of Roswell,
other ads. (No sign of KVIS OK yet.)

WTFDA FM Database shows as to be expected, 93.7 is a mere 250 watt translator
wagging this 5 kW dog: ``K229BV // KKBE 910 93.7 ROSWELL NM 0.0 0.25 0.0 5.3
33-23-55 104-31-18 `NEWS TALK 910` NEWS/TALK`` No such slogan listed, but ha2,
it`s not really ``The Beep`` despite the beeps, but ``The Beat`` according to
Wikipedia with ``rhythmic contemporary`` format, whatever that mean. 910 was
originally KBIM, which led to KBIM-TV channel 10, and its original full-power
KBIM-FM was 97.1 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1020, March 9 at 1322 UT, with KOKP morning non-sports talkshow
nulled, Spanish making slow SAH, and ``ESPN Deportes`` ID in passing, then
Omaha traffic report and weather. It`s KMMQ Plattsmouth NE on 50 kW day power,
last known as ``La Estación de la Raza`` in NRC AM Log 2016-2017. No sign of
the other SS on 1020 now, 50 kW KCKN Roswell NM, despite just hearing 910 KKBE,
so presumably that broke down again (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1350, March 5 at 0222 UT and 0229 UT, partial IDs amid music as ``La
Nueva 13-50 AM y la 97.9 FM, los éxitos``. That`s now a match in the WTFDA FM
Database for KZTD in Cabot AR, for ``K250BT, 97.9, Jacksonville AR, 250 watt
translator // KZTD-1350, FIESTA MEXICANA 1350, REGIONAL MEXICAN``. I logged
this last September with very confusing FM connexions to 105.5 Baton Rouge LA,
and 98.7 Wichita Falls TX. See
http://www.bclnews.it/2016/09/28/glenn-hauser-logs-september-27-28-2016/
BTW, power is allegedly 2500 watts day, 73 watts night and this is the latter
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1630, March 5 at 0216 UT, ``La Mexicana, --- FM y 16-30 AM`` --- must
be the name KRND Fox Farm WY is going by now. Numerous search hits show it`s
really ``La Jota Mexicana, 94.7 FM y 16-30 AM``. 94.7 is of course, nothing but
a translator (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---