I would much rather keep FREE radio alive then go to paid subscriber services.
Those are fine and well if you want them and don't mind paying the extra bucks.

Mike

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-boun...@hard-core-dx.com> on behalf of Patrick Martin
<mwd...@webtv.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:05 AM
To: Mailing List for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] KICE Bend Joins Parade Of AMs Going Dark

Another one bites the dust...Even though 82% of people in cars listen to radio
in a latest poll. However, it did not state AM or FM. With the economy and all
there is just not enough ad money to go around. Here we still have the three
AMs in the county, but two of them have FM Translators now. We have a couple
dozen FMs here too. Most are rel or NPR translators, but at least 9 are
commercial. With 37,500 in the county that cuts the ad pie a dozen different
ways.  Years ago we have two AMs and then in 1968 KSWB Seaside joined the
group. That was it for years.

Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager