 From: R. Colin Newell <coffeecan...@gmail.com>
Club of America <irca@hard-core-dx.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:30 AM
 Subject: Re: [IRCA] Big Island DXing

I have made 12 "pilgrimages" to Kona in the past 20 years and that would be the
dream location --
Much like Easter Island - the location totally puts you in the drivers seat for
some of the World's best DX -
Because you can chase Austral-Asia and the Americas.
Having heard Alaska crystal clear in Hawaii, it is well within the realm of
possibility that Europe is likely doable from Hawaii as well.
It would just take the right sort of DXer to step up and do it -
All continents on medium wave from one location -- possible from Hawaii.
Discuss.

Subject: Big Island DXing
I've been following the Kona adventures with great interest and envy.  I was
wondering, has anyone been to, or considered, listening from South Point at the
very southern end of the island or Hawi at the very north end?  Both would seem
to offer good east-west shots. Hawi has some horizon blockage to the south (no
big deal), but is a pleasant small village.  South Point can get windy, is a
bit isolated and might not be the best place to spend the night, but no
immediate blockage and very quiet electrically.
Bob Coomler W7SWLTucson, AZ

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com and DXer.ca -
VA7WWV | Twitter @CoffeeCrew | Victoria - Canada

--- End Message ---