--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page59
[over 218,000 views! as of May 25, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are
in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 20 at 1817 UT, KOKP Perry, semi-local ``Triple Play
Sports Radio`` is off, while its usually // sibling 1580 KOKB Blackwell is
fine. If it keeps off, that will clear the way for KCKN Roswell at night with
WWRV 1330 NYC relay. During my bandscan at the kite field, rest filed under USA
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 21 at 2201 UT check, KOKP Perry is off the air for at
least the second day in a row; and at 1646 UT check May 22, at least third day
in a row (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, May 24 at 1403 UT check, KOKP Perry is still off the air, as
it has been since at least May 20. Is there any explanation at
http://tripleplaysportsradio.com/
Of course not! But soon to be redubbed Double Play Sports Radio (Glenn Hauser,
Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1020, May 24 at 1849 UT, KOKP Perry is finally back on
the air with sports talk; it was still missing earlier today at 1403 UT (Glenn
Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1050, May 25 at 1818 UT, from a quiet parking lot in western Enid,
non-ID as ``All-new Heart & Soul 99.1 FM, Pulse of the City``, which refers to
K256CR of KGTO Tulsa, per NRC AM Log. Slight CCI from the 1050 in Lawton, on
non-direxional carantenna (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1260, May 22 at 0242 UT tune-by, ``KWSH, Today`s Best Country``,
from 1/1 kW U2 Wewoka station, better than I can hear it on daytime groundwave,
and likely on ND day pattern instead of night with a notch toward Enid. NRC AM
Log had slogan as `The station you grew up with`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 720, UT Monday May 22 at 0255 UT, somestation here is playing music
of somesort --- could it possibly be WGN? Yes,  per sked at 9-11 pm CDT
Sundays: ``After Hours with Rick Kogan: Chicago photographs, music, clocks and
the making of Teddy Roosevelt --- Tonight on the program, Rick Kogan delved
into the worlds of music, photography, clocks and history. To begin, publishers
Richard Cahan and Michael Williams joined Rick in studio to talk about their
new book, "Chicago: Classic Photographs." Then, Ben Montalbano from local band
Matthäus joined Rick and producer Lise to debut his band’s brand new song, "To
the Years," and talk about his upcoming EP. Jason Matthiesen from the Chicago
Clock Company called in to talk about the business’ 100th…
Read more`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 780-CUSB, May 22 at 0253 UT, C&W music with no LSB, which is how KCEG
Fountain CO transmits, why? Tuning LSB I hear only WBBM, while on USB they are
mixing. As I said concerning KHAC 880, Sept 11, 2014, `` We are wondering if
lacking LSB is a defect or deliberate employment of the Kahn Powerside
System``. Here`s one thread about it:
http://www.broadcastengineering.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3124
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1020, UT Monday May 22 at 0249 UT, Spanish sermon dominant from KCKN
Roswell NM, obviously high power, 50 kW, and not protecting Pittsburgh, also in
the continuing absence of my nearby KOKP Perry OK. Understation has religion in
English which fits for KDKA on Sunday night, EDT: ``9p-11p Amplify with Father
Ron Lengwin`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, May 21 at 2201 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS is off the air for
at least the second day in a row; and May 22 at 1646 UT, at least the third day
in a row (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, May 24 at 1403 UT check, KLEY Wellington KS is still off the
air, since at least May 20. Is there any explanation at
http://rockingmradio.com/kley-100-31130/
Of course not! Don`t know about 100.3 FM (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO
1879, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

KLEY 1130 KS is still off at 1849 UT May 24, and also circa 1315 UT May 25
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, KBXD Dallas TX, re my recent logs and comments:

Hi Glenn, Sorry for the delay. Waiting to hear from my guy in Dallas. A John
Hammond is buying or leasing the station but nothing has been accepted for
filing by the FCC yet. I will find out the story on the Chris Muse. The audio
from 700 is just a placeholder to have something on the air.
Maybe Jorgenson had to break the lease with Salem to go forward with a deal. I
know he's been badly wanting to get rid of the station. With seven towers, no
way in the world would they want to move the site and do two complete
engineering studies and rebuilds. Regards, (Jerry Kiefer, FL, ex-KBXD, May 21,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, The Muse deal didn't fly. "That was a year ago, that fell through" ---
Mike Van Hooser quote (Kiefer, May 22, ibid.)

** U S A. 1700, May 22 at 0241 UT, KKLF Richardson TX with ``My Heart Is a
Ghost Town`` rock song in English, 0243 UT ``al ritmo con – música, Banda 13``,
into rock song in Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly Mexican MWDX again this week -- but I had plenty of Mexican FM DX
May 25 which you will have to read about elsewhere]

--- End Message ---