--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page64
[over 261,000 views! as of November 10, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are
in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1331.2v, Nov 9 at 1428 UT, after hearing big het on KCKM Monahans
TX a bit earlier, I set out to measure the spurs out of nearby local KCRC 1390.
Other signals I could measure to three decimal places if they were stable, but
these keep wavering, and even two decimal places would be pointless. This one
goes from 1331.1 to 1331.3 or so and back in a short period, with clear CBS
Sports Radio modulation // 1390, QRMing KNSS 1330.0.

Sometimes the fundamental is slightly off, causing slightly different het
pitches on either side, but not today. Match to this is about 1448.8v. These
are second-order spurs, considerably weaker than first-orders at half the
displacement, circa 1360.6v and 1419.3v; all hetting whatever legit stations
are on the even frequencies. Any time of night, or at least during SRS and SSS,
DXers afar should seek these out (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1419.61 & 1360.39 approx., Nov 9 at 2258, the KCRC 1390 wavering
spurs measured about here at the moment with sportstalk. It`s 1 kW U3 =
three-towers-in-a-row direxional same day and night; somewhat oval with more to
the west than elsewhere.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/map-display#appid=313548%26antsysid=20877%26call=KCRC%26freq=1390%26contour=0.5%26city=ENID%26state=OK%26fileno=BL--%26.map
FCC says ``KCRC's first license was granted 08-19-1926`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 670, Nov 6 at 2044 UT about 3 hours before sunset, KLTT religion,
Denver barely makes it on groundwave as usual, given a quiet spot in western
Enid on caradio, but also underneath is sports talk, no doubt WSCR Chicago, né
WMAQ, an erstwhile extended groundwave and/or incipient skywave in the winter.
Not enough of either prop yet to bring in WGN 720 too (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 700, Nov 6 at 2045 UT, KHSE Wylie TX *still* running ``this station
is for rent, call John Hammond`` loop (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Nov 6 at 2038 UT on caradio at quiet spot in western Enid, good
signal with C&W music, soon ID as ``Broadcasting from the wheat capital, The
Wave, your music station and home of Crusader sports``. It`s KLEY Wellington
KS, just across the border, which has been absent from the groundwave dial here
for months. I check 1130 frequently, latest either yesterday or
ante-ayersterday.

See my previous discussion about how originally it was an easy daytime
semi-local, but I had not been hearing it and presumed off; but did hear it as
I drove thru Wellington on the way to Totality in August; and then not heard
again. Checking the pattern, it is supposed to be directional favoring the
north, but no signal at all seeping in this way on such?? Or maybe QRP, few
watts like supposed to be at night only? Anyhow it`s back as of today,
reraising another possible explanation, radiating omnidirexionally despite
supposed to be direxional; or could even reversed lobe happen? (Glenn Hauser,
Enid a.k.a. Wheat Capital, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Nov 9 at 1404 UT, full ID for KLEY on AM 1130 and also
translator call on 100.3, into Kansas news; from Wellington KS, remains on air
and reaching here by groundwave, easily with presumed KWKH nulled during
political and sports-talk (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1520, Nov 9 at 1412 UT, KYND Cypress TX is *still* stunting with loop
about buying time, and audible this late under KOKC making usual slow SAH. Even
the ChiCom no longer think it would be worth the cost (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1520, Nov 9 at 2257 UT, KYND Cypress TX stunting about programming on
this 25 kW station is audible now pre-sunset, as has also been heard
post-sunrise, about the same under KOKC. They have had no takers for a long
time, but somehow manage to pay the electric (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1470, Nov 10 at 1351 UT, Spanish dialog, one voice childish,
loops NE/SW. Unless there has been a more recent and closer flipper, among US
SS stations in the NRC AM Log, most likely appears to be KMNQ Brooklyn Park MN
(Minneapolis), ``La Raza``, 5/5 kW U4. It`s not quite too late for Mexico
either, as XERF is still audible on 1570; two or three unlikely stations near
the opposite bearing (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[No Mostly-Mexican report this week]

--- End Message ---