> ​Hi Walt,

​These newer SiLabs chip-based receivers with SSB are leagues ahead of the
older cheap sets that included SSB or a BFO. I've noticed that the exact
zero beat (within 10 Hz anyway) varies a little bit after the set has been
on a while, but it's nothing like the drift with cheap sets from years ago.
Considering the price, the Skywave SSB's performance is quite commendable.

The alignment seems quite good for a low cost portable-- on my unit the USB
(when checking via ECSS tuning on a strong local) is right on, but LSB is
70-80 Hz high. The fine tuning control is easy to adjust for natural
speech.

I've owned three radios that I believe have the same SiLabs chip (the one
with 10 Hz SSB tuning ability)-- the PL-880, the GP-5/SSB and now the
Skywave SSB. I like the Skywave SSB the best of the bunch... the others
were sold.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA