--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75
with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page66
[over 281,000 views! as of February 9, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are
in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 530, Feb 8 at 2005-2010+ UT, I monitor our local station which I
have not bothered to log for a long time. Incredibly boring program of a few
PSAs played over and over, viz.:

1, Lock your doors and windows, trim bushes, get an alarm to discourage
burglaries: from ncpc.org and US DOJ = National Crime Prevention Council (if
Drumpf hasn`t eliminated it yet)
2, Teach children to beware of internet, ncpc.org, USDOJ, Ad Council
3, Discouraging sending nude pictures of yourself lest your dad see you
topless, www.cybertipline.com, DOJ; really salacious-sounding
4, Are you an embarrassment on the dance floor? Then consider adopting a child
from foster care, 888-200-4005, HHS and Ad Council [non sequitur]
5, (kid voice), Asthma attack prevention, www.noattack.org, 1-866-noattacks,
EPA, Ad Council. 1-866-noattac is sufficient!

After 5 minutes they start repeating, as reconfirmed Feb 9 at 1705-1710+ UT. An
amateur ID with heavy background noise interrupts one of them but not always at
the same spot, ``Enid, Oklahoma, you are listening to K-530-AM, operated by
Vance Air Force Base``.

There used to be a bunch of other PSAs, which may or may not appear at
different hourparts, such as what to do when a hurricane hits (Enid!?)

You may notice that the subjects of these helpful advisories have nothing to do
with the USAF or anything military. K530AM presumably exists to deal with
genuine emergencies such as a plane crash or terrorist attack, but I have my
doubts. There is also an electronic sign on a street approaching the base
advising of its existence. It`s generally audible on caradios around Enid, but
unfortunately happens to be 430 kHz away from 960, which is 430 kHz away from
1390, our two local broadcast stations, a mixing product which gets boosted
under powerlines even near Vance.

K530AM is obviously a made-up call. I can`t think of any DX loggings of this,
presumably circa 10 watts. Richard Allen nearby cannot help but have heard it,
but I am unaware if the few other Okie DXers in Tulsa, Shawnee or Hooker have
ever reported it. Like any other 10-watt TIS/HAR station it`s barely possible
to DX by skywave. A few miles away, it can`t overcome ordinary household noise
level, and at night it is easily nullable to get Cuba. I believe I have heard
it on the road close to NW OKC.

I am reminded to draw attention to K530AM, since looking at seemingly
exhaustive list of TIS/HAR and ordinary broadcasters on 530 at:
http://www.mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=3&kHz=530
we see it does NOT exist! In OK there are only two, in OKC, WNWU499 with no
further info. And WPTZ990 on MLK Drive (neither of which I have heard on
visits). Listings are in order by callsign, not location, so you have to search
on ``OK``.

Yet I am credited as one of the sources, and have reported K530AM a number of
times in past. The fact that it is not in an FCC database, as under USG/DOD
military control, should not make any difference. So please add it to the list!

Northward from here, there is a Kansas Turnpike Authority station near South
Haven on 530, which relays Wichita NOAA Weatherradio, and I have also reported,
but nothing from Kansas on 530 is listed either. There are a few others further
up the Turnpike (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1710, Feb 8 at 0611 UT, seems Spanish talk, then soft song; 0651 UT
screaming gospel huxter, so Retén lo que Tienes, persistent Bâton Rouge pirate
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)