Mostly the regulars again today, and signals from the big guns weren't up to yesterday's levels. For the third day in a row there was one surprise though, this time on 1116. 4BC has owned that frequency all season, and I wasn't surprised to see a big carrier there as I tuned by. I stopped there, and it took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't English, but rather Japanese. Alone at first with a fair signal, before 4BC gradually took over, and things returned to normal. Sometimes 'live' DXing pays off, as I likely wouldn't even have checked 1116 on a recording.

567     JOIK    Sapporo, JAPAN  Woman in Japanese at 1350

594     JOAK    Tokyo, JAPAN    Man in Japanese at 1304.

693     JOAB    Tokyo, JAPAN    Man in Japanese during language lesson at 1303

747     JOIB    Sapporo, JAPAN  Only traces of language lesson at 1331, //774.

774     JOUB    Akita, JAPAN    Man in Japanese during language lesson at 1304.

828     JOBB    Osaka, JAPAN    Woman presenting language lesson at 1305.

1116 unID Alone with woman speaking in Japanese at 1342, then 4BC gradually came back to reclaim the frequency, and by 1347 4BC had regained its usual dominance, with no sign of Japan.

1116    4BC     Brisbane, AUSTRALIA  Regular talk show at 1317

1188    JOKP    Kitami, JAPAN   Man and woman in Japanese at 1354.

1503    unID    Faint traces of talk by woman at 1338

1566    HLAZ    Jeju, S.KOREA   Man speaking in Japanese over a hymn at 1337.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta
Perseus SDR and Wellbrook Phased Array