--- Begin Message ---
Only JOUB eked out a het around 1225, barely. Suffice it to say, the band was
rather sedate this morning. Hopefully those in charge of propagation will be
feeling generous this weekend!

Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO

Drake R8A, NW and NE Superloops, SW KAZ, ALA1530ln, Quantum Phaser

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 20, 2018, at 8:47 AM, Gary DeBock <d1028g...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Although the big gun Asians were the only energetic TP's once again this
> morning the session did at least have more drama than yesterday, with the low
> band Asians receiving a sharp daybreak boost to rise from nothing up to
> pretty decent levels. The final result was more variety than yesterday, with
> even a few second-tier TP's managing ghostly audio around 1350 here.
>

> Once again a predawn band check at 1030 revealed a dead band, with no Asian
> carriers at all. At my 1330 start time there were still only ghostly TP
> carriers on the low band, with weak audio in and out only on 1566, 1575 and
> 1593.  Around 1340 the first sign of daylight brought 594, 693 and 972 out of
> the noise dramatically, with all three of the big guns reaching S7 peaks by
> 1350. The second tier TP's on 603 (HLSA), 657 and 738 also rose up from the
> dead around this time to reach ghostly levels by 1350, although they pretty
> much stayed in the twilight zone between weak audio and strong carriers. The
> high band Asians on 1566, 1575 and 1593 didn't get the same daybreak boost
> here, and by 1405 the lackluster conditions sent them down in the noise.
> Unlike yesterday 972-HLCA managed a strong appearance, reaching some S8 peaks
> around 1355 as the strongest Asian of the session. Of course no DU's showed
> up here during the solar-challenged conditions-- those signals routinely
> avoid th
> is pedestrian valley location on their way to Victoria.
>

> 73 and Good DX,
>
> Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
>
> 7.5" loopstick CC Skywave SSB Ultralight +
>
> 15" FSL antenna

--- End Message ---