Hi Nick,

<<< At first hearing of this morning's DX, all I can say, Gary is, "what
are these 'fair to good peaks' of which you speak?" >>>

In general 972-HLCA had trouble gaining freedom from "Freedom 970" splatter
this morning, but without anything else to do in the miserable conditions I was
checking 972 frequently, since it had the only decent TP carrier after
daybreak. Occasionally the Korean voices would break out of the Portland hash
to reach respectable levels, only to collapse immediately.

Based on Alan's update concerning the Taiwan Fisheries' Tagalog program
schedule I've been re-checking the 738 recording from yesterday, wondering if
some of the language might have possibly been something other than Mandarin. A
1310 peak was definitely the usual lady announcer in Chinese, but there was
another peak of conversation around 1335 that possibly could have been
something else. The problem was that yesterday's 738-BEL2 signal was pretty
marginal here, and definite language recognition requires a clean signal
without KCBS accompaniment.

Gary