While my wife was promoting a book in Rochester, NY I made a 2-night visit to
Ditchley, VA for a short respite from our QRN-ridden suburban DC home.

With a 160’ DKAZ pointed at ~ 135 deg. true North and fairly low levels of
noise I tried to make the best of pretty mediocre conditions.

The one exception was South Africa on 729 and 828 kHz at sunset on April 22nd.
Cape Pulpit on 729 was carrying English language religious programming and for
the first time ever I pulled a web stream parallel trick on Magic 828 with a
George Michaels song.  Thank goodness I brought along a couple of HF+ radios to
listen live while the Perseus was monopolized by Mestor.

Otherwise the fare was a good collection of stations from Puerto Rico and
Dominican Republic but a disappointing showing from Brazil.

Still going through the wav files but here’s a web page that gives an
accounting of what I’ve heard so far:

http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_ditchley.php

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA