--- Begin Message ---
** U S A. China Has Fallen. 7 days ago I turn the radio on 890 KC; all I heard
was The Sound of Silence, no carrier, no modulation, no nothing. It was last
Friday the 13th in which I turned on China and heard nothing but static. I
don't know what's going on down there in Mabank (pronounced Maybank, but the
people in China could not pronounce the name of the town that it's licensed to,
to save their life). But it's gone and I can only hope that it stays that way.
Now I can listen to W L S. I hope it stays gone (Mark Sills, Dallas, Texas,
July 20, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This is about KTXV, 890, CoL Mabank TX, which had been a 24-hour relay of CRI,
per NRC AM Log, U4 20000/250 watts, with STA of D3 20000. That means
direxional-daytime only. Altho listed street address is in Houston, Mabank is
in The Metroplex market, somewhat SE of Dallas next to Gun Barrel City (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---