I had the opportunity to scan the band from Trinidad Rest Area Southbound
(a bit north of Eureka CA) on Thursday. Unfortunately just a car radio (10
kHz steps) and didn't hear anything too interesting (looking for Hawaiians)
but did hear Russian language on 850 at 1245Z that caught my attention. I
didn't think much of that until I later Google searched and discovered that
this was a station from Nome AK broadcasting Russian to the west,
directionally. By 1300Z the station was gone as the grey line moved on.
This was the first time I've heard or even heard of this curious station.

On the same drive the previous day I had the pleasure of visiting the
Rockwork locations on the Oregon coast. It was daytime so no chance for any
DX'ing but, my goodness, what a stunning setting.

Ken