From: IRCA <irca-boun...@hard-core-dx.com> on behalf of Gary DeBock
<d1028g...@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:48 PM
To: America, Mailing; NRC
Subject: [IRCA] "Frequent Flyer" FSL Project Clears the Turbulence

     Thanks to long term technical buddy Steve Ratzlaff for tracking down a new
source for the critical "N50P" variable capacitor used in the TSA-friendly 3.5"
rod and 5" bar FSL antennas. A sizable order has been placed for these critical
components, ensuring that these airport-friendly miniature FSL's can continue
to be constructed well into the future.

     As mentioned previously, the performance of these tiny FSL's during long
range air travel has proven to be far greater than expected, providing a major
boost in hobby satisfaction for those DXers who have tried them out. Craig
Barnes, Pete Taylor and I are all eagerly awaiting our next "Frequent Flyer"
trip, after having experienced thrilling TP and DU-DX in multiple trips to
places like Hawaii and the Cook Islands. The option of having serious DXing
gain in exotic places around the world (especially where large external
antennas are forbidden) can be a game changer in hobby satisfaction. The
related 23-page full construction article (which will soon be augmented by the
"rubber locking collar" improvement to the ferrite sleeve) is posted at
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pnfm8909c77zjoy/3.5inch-FF-FSL.doc/file

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)