Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 02:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary DeBock <d1028g...@comcast.net>
        <irca@hard-core-dx.com>, Chris Kadlec <beagleb...@beaglebass.com>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Where's the Korean Jammer When You Need It?

Yes, Chris, I understand that Pyongyang switched to the UTC+9 system (from
UTC+8 1/2) after the first inter-Korean summit this year. So now it seems that
China (with the CNR stations having their 1+1 pip on the half hour) is one of
the few TP countries still broadcasting pips at half past the hour.

Last December in Kona, Hawaii it was easy to track down KCBS and Pyongyang BS
stations on multiple frequencies because of their pips on the half hour, but
next month on Kauai I guess I'll need to work harder on the busy frequencies.
It seems like the Southern jammers on 801. 819 and 855 have also been turned
off as a result of the summit. The S9+ signals from 819-KCBS every evening will
probably be the same, though!

Gary