Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 10:17:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary DeBock <d1028g...@comcast.net>
        <irca@hard-core-dx.com>, Nick Hall-Patch <n...@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Saturdays highlights - TP DX in Seattle

Nick and Bruce,

<<<  >621    UNID, dreamy vocal song 1356 good but soon faded, possibly DPRK
 If you still have the recording Bruce, could you check the frequency
> offset?   The wall to wall ballads seemed to be pretty much spot on
> the channel here, though there was also a carrier ~40Hz low, which
> seems to be where DPRK resides.  But if I set the BFO to demodulate a
> signal 40Hz low, I got a buzz on the music, not a better signal.   >>>

The 621-VoK transmitter (used for NK's Japanese service) has a notorious buzz
on its signal. This was its degraded audio last December in Kona, Hawaii, most
obvious around the 45 second point
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/rhfksf381csgtohluxt3e97tjf79fshm

Gary