I will mention again that USPS does allow certain lithium batteries to be
shipped.

USPS Publication 52 specifically deals with Lithium batteries.

It allows batteries to be shipped if they are installed in equipment.

It also allows batteries to be shipped depending on the power capability.

The battery in question (the standard 18650( would seem to qualify. To answer
the question about availability. It is a widely used standard battery available
from a zillion places.

Chuck