From: IRCA <irca-boun...@hard-core-dx.com> on behalf of Nick Hall-Patch
<n...@ieee.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:11 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Antenna switches for automated spectrum recording

I've used a USB controlled relay board to switch two antennas to one
SDR remotely, Mark:

http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=141_142&product_id=630

(this outfit has a lot of neat toys)

However, if you wanted timed switching, you'd need to write your own
routine (perhaps)   I didn't look too far, as I had an immediate
problem that needed solving, controlling a remote receiver/computer
via Remote Desktop (Teamviewer is probably an easier alternative),
and switching antennas at a remote site.   But, I was the "timer" as
far as running the receiver and switching the antennas.

But, it should be doable, and could be done.   Not by me however; sorry.

best wishes,

Nick

At 18:56 2018-10-18, Mark Pettifor wrote:
>Given the following criteria:
>
>1. Two or more antennas
>2. Spectrum recordings are set up for two or more times of the day
>(sunrise and sunset, for example)
>
>Are there antenna switches out there that can be switched
>programmatically from my PC at certain times of the day?
>
>The goal is to be able to program spectrum IQ (or even single
>frequency IQ or audio) recordings at time T using antenna X.
>
>Or at the least, the goal would be to be able to remote in to my PC
>and run a program that would allow me to (a) select which antenna is
>active, and then (b) start a recording. I can already do (b), but
>the recording will be using whatever antenna happens to be selected
>on the mechanical switch (and it's usually the wrong one).
>
>Mark Pettifor
>Goshen, IN
>KC9DOC-en71ao
>original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
>the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada