If someone pointed a DKAZ northwest, they'd have the best of both, eh?

73,
Mark Pettifor
Land o' Goshen, IN

On 2018-10-30 7:30 am, Neil Kazaross wrote:
1017 was Tonga here in IL but not strong at about 1223. But my DKAZ aims
west and Tim's north.  73 KAZ

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:19 PM Gary DeBock <d1028g...@comcast.net> wrote:

Congratulations on your phenomenal 972-HLCA reception in Michigan, Tim!

<<< 1017 had some threshold audio at 1206, unknown if this was Tonga or
Asian,
but antenna and conditions favored Asia. >>>

If it was Asia, it would be a tossup between the Japanese NHK2 program
JOLB (//693 and 747) or CRI's Korean service. The two TP's have been in a
snarl here for much of the past week, with no clear winner.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

kilok...@gmail.com > wrote:

>     Rare Asian signals were back again in Michigan this morning but
perhaps
>     down slightly from yesterday's surreal DX session:
>
>     693 JOAB Tokyo, Japan with man and woman speaking at 1203 UTC, //
774.

>     747 JOIB Sapporo, Japan with man and woman speaking at 1205 UTC, //
774

>     774 JOUB Akita, Japan with man speaking with fair audio at 1157 UTC,
NHK

http://amdxer.com/download/DX_Audio_Clips_0-999khz/972_kHz_HLCA_29OC18_1145_UTC.mp3

>     1017 had some threshold audio at 1206, unknown if this was Tonga or
Asian,
>     but antenna and conditions favored Asia.
>
>     And of course weaker carriers all over the band, too many to list.
>
>     73,
>     Tim Tromp
>     West Michigan
>     Perseus SDR & 117 FT DKAZ aimed due North
>
>     For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org

irca@hard-core-dx.com

original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers