I'm pretty sure you had JOQR Tokyo on 1134 Tim. as the chimes ending in a single pip on the hour are fairly distinctive. See what you think:

http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/4all/JOQR_grayland.wav

best wishes,

Nick

At 20:21 2018-11-02, tim rahto wrote:
Hello everyone,

We had another great morning for Trans-Pacific DX here in the Midwest. i
started listening around 1120 UTC, and found strong signals from Japan on
774, 693, 666, and 747. 828 out of Osaka might have been the loudest of
all, but I couldn't separate them from WCCO in Minneapolis.

I spent a lot of today reviewing the recordings from this morning, and
managed to hear some very faint chimes at the top of the hour on 1134 kHz.
the audio is rough at best, but you can hear them just before the top of
the hour, and then again in a different key a little later. I think it
might be KBS, but I could use some advice on this one.

https://youtu.be/6itzpsB8ENg

CNR 11 (probably) on 1098 also made another appearance with that ridiculous
signal I've seen all this week. Considering the solar forecast this weekend
is calling for storms, I guess we better enjoy it while it lasts. Here's a
clip of them pushing the signal meter up to an S8 on the Perseus.

https://youtu.be/VJ27HGaTWdY

I saw a carrier on 702, and hoped that it might be Australia, but nothing
ever came of it. Can't win them all I guess!

-Tim

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada