Chuck,

Thanks for your assessment on the 729 UnID TP recording from this morning.

<<< There's English in your recording. At :04 she says "this approach in the
next summer". At :09, I think she says Myanmar.
Some Myanmar stations have carried English in this time period. >>>

Wow, her accent is so heavy that I never could have pulled out that English--
but now that you mention it, the "Myanmar" at 9 seconds stands out pretty
clearly (even without any wishful thinking).

<<< The audio was difficult to understand. After correcting for the terrible
rolloff above 1000 Hz and also removing everything below 150 Hertz, it was
better. I can't attach the file due to list limits on attachments. >>>

The clipped-off audio above 1000 Hz is a congenital issue of the Ultralight
radios in their 1 kHz DSP filtering selection, which is usually the only
effective option when chasing split-frequency DX like this. In most of the
recent recordings I've attempted to compensate somewhat by using Audacity's 321
Hz High Pass filter, but the resulting audio will still have rough edges in
comparison to that of the Perseus-SDR and other SDR's.

In any case, thanks again for your assessment.

Gary (in Poipu, Hawaii)