In preparation for a trip to Hong Kong early next month I asked my Japanese
DXer friends to suggest a few long range African, Middle East and European MW
stations that I could try to track down on a Hong Kong beach around sunrise. Of
course this is something that I should have done prior to the November Hawaii
DXpedition-- but hindsight is always 20/20.

Rockwork DXpedition partner Satoshi Miyauchi and long-term DXer friend Hiroyuki
Okamura were extremely helpful in introducing the following list of long range
big guns, which have an excellent record of showing up in the tough Japanese
DXing environment. One of them (702-BBC) was actually received in Hawaii at
good strength last November, but that was by blind luck.

Gary-san,ペディション楽しみですね。中東、アフリカ、ヨーロッパの信号が強い放送局は。
702-BBC-Oman,720-BBC-Oman
990-SAWA,999-TWR,917-Nigeria,950-Eritoria,1233-Monte
Calro,1134-Kuwait,936-Iran,ほかにも色々。

Gary-san, wishing you best DXing there!
楽しみですね!
自宅では、最近下記二局が受信できました。
1449kHz IRAN as early as 1530UTC
1548kHz TWR-Mordova *1900 UTC starts ..

East coast TA-DXers will probably recognize several of these as big gun
regulars, but the challenge of tracking them down in Hawaii during a "hit and
run" DXpedition is likely to be a real thrill. Hawaii local QRM is tough, but
that only adds to the thrill of the chase. At least we have a "master plan" of
long range exotic targets-- the first step for DXing success. Having an
experienced TA-DXer like Chris in our group is another plus. If and when we can
track down a local Kauai island contact to store gear for us in between trips,
the "Frequent Flyer" DXers could become quite a bit more ambitious and
fanatical.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)