all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham,
which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with
extensive news from many other
individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011
are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page79
[over 388,000 views! as of October 27, 2019]

** OKLAHOMA. 341 kHz, EI, Enid`s only NDB, 25 watts at Woodring
Airport, has not been heard since Sept 7 when it was audible along
with YYU in Kapuskasing, the latter scheduled for decommissioning Oct
10. That leaves on 341 OIN, Oberlin KS and many others listed.

It appears EI has also been. I finally visited Woodring the afternoon
of Oct 21 and asked their new diector, Deirdre Gurry, about it:
https://www.enidnews.com/news/local_news/new-airport-director-introduced-at-woodring/article_7b3a48aa-1630-51ce-b23b-1cf313604d26.html

It`s the FAA`s responsibility and I should seek out a NOTAM notice
about it, but she thinx it used to be on the south side of the runway,
and that such LW beacons are being phased out as who needs them with
GPS? Maybe it failed naturally and will not be fixed.

Here it is, as if still extant, but as of 12 September 2019:
http://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?type=NDB&id=EI&name=GARFY
which was linked from everything else you need to know about KWDG:
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KWDG
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 341 kHz, Oct 22 at 2153 UT, EI is back! EnId`s 25-watt
MCW ND beacon at Woodring airport. The manager and others I visited
yesterday had no direct knowledge of it or its status, referring me to
FAA; but maybe my inquiry led her to look into turning it back on?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 2005, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 341 kHz, Oct 23 at 0611 UT. Enid Woodring Airport beacon
EI continues to be heard, day or night: also at 1445 UT when I note a
period of 8 seconds, which means quite a pause between each pair of
dits. Also Oct 24 at 1355 UT check. At night there is no longer
co-channel from dash and YYU, Kapuskasing, Ontario, which
http://dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm confirms has been Decommissioned.
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Rick Barton, AZ, replies about this on the ABDX yg: ``The beacon
EI at Enid would have been a Location Outer Marker for (and south
of) Woodring apt. Has it been destroyed yet? I show its location
here: 36.2750331 , -97.7907633

re: the comment about GPS: It is ironic that little puddle jumpers
in the wilds of Alaska use hi-tech GPS, but large commercial
aircraft still rely much on older technologies.

I see that both Vance and Woodring still have the VHF band omni
range navigation beacons at the field. Woodring has a VOR-DME on
109.0 MHz with the ID ODG, and the VORTAC at Vance AFB is END on
115.4 MHz. The reference name for the Enid NDB "EI" was "GARFY"
NDB. It is no longer depicted on aviation charts. 73 from the desert
southwest - rb`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 346 kHz, Oct 23 at 0612 UT, dash and YXL, 500 watts from
Sioux Lookout, Ontario. This NDB is not destined for decommissioning,
unlike 341, YYU, Kapuskasing, no longer mixing with local NDB EI;
http://dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm
now shows a bunch of other Canadians to be decommissioned as of March
26, 2020 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 353 kHz, Oct 23 at 0614 UT, confusing NDB MCW ID changes
from one time to the next: INLN, four letters? NO, it`s two different
beacons mixing at slightly different periods. They are exactly the
same pitch and same frequency. I ran into this before, these:

353 IN USA MN International Falls - Ray 100 48 28 53 -93 16 41
353 LI USA AR LITTLE ROCK 400 34 40 8 -92 18 20
per dxiinfocentre.com
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 660, Oct 27 at 1319 UT, Navajo talk, 1320 hymn in English,
1324 ``reflexions for the 30th Sunday of ordinary time`` and fade. I
guess that`s Catholic calculation from Easter. KTNN Window Rock AZ, I
had not heard in some time, so seems to be adhering to night
direxionality west; Oct SR/SS times are 1315/0045 UT (Nov: 1345/0015
UT). checked here after KKOB 770 was in. KTNN reception improved by
USB tuning since WSCR 670 Chicago IBOC noise is still a problem
peaking lowside 657 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, Oct 25 at 1207 UT, ad string in Ukrainian looping
NE/SW, one for auto parts, ID mentioning Ukrainian Radio, 1211 song.
We know this is WNDZ, Portage IN, Ethnic/brokered for the Chicago
market. No problem yet from KMMJ and this is axually better than WBBM
which has to contend with KSPI. WNDZ is 15 kW direxional daytimer,
from 1200 UT in October, 1230 in November. Pattern centered on NW, but
broad with considerable to the SW, notch SE toward Atlanta (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 810, Oct 20 at 0050 UT, I am hearing rapid SBG coverage
in Spanish, employing pelotas, mentions Atlanta. Are The Braves
playing right now, and where would they be broadcast in Spanish?

The only Mexican in the NW is XERSV, Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, 5 kW
daytimer (until 0200?) with news format. KSWV Santa Fe? It`s not
Spanish any more, or even Spanglish with CLR FM 99.9 simulcast and
more westerly than my DF of WSW/ENE. By language, proximity, direxion
and legal night operation, the best US fit is KXOI Crane (Odessa
market) TX, U4 1000/500 --- except it`s SS:REL. Other SS of some sort
are in FL, IN, MI, TN, mostly daytimers or negligible night power and
none with sports format, tho SBGs often preëmpt a station`s nominal
prime format. By 0055 losing out to WHB, KC MO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 900, Oct 25 at 1214 UT, nulling KSGL Wichita, I have
something else roughly E/W with ID mentioning 900 and 94.9 --- so most
likely KHOZ, Harrison AR, U1 1000/62/64 ``Bootz 94.9`` where the FM is
a mere translator; per NRC AM Log, tho there`s one other 94.9 combo,
WATV in AL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 910, Oct 21 at 1243 UT, Iowa Public Radio is seeking a
professional engineer, i.e. WSUI Iowa City, onetime WORLD OF RADIO
affiliate; soon losing out to an iHeart station (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1059.95 approx., Oct 21 at 1248 UT, something in Spanish
making a LAH against 1060 stations; suspect KIJN Farwell TX (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1120, Sunday October 20 at 0605 UT, during ``Duffy`s
Tavern`` on `When Radio Was` from KMOX, heavy fast SAH from talk in
English with KMOX nulled, i.e. NW/SE, not noticed earlier. The CCI
soon fades. Suspect KCRN 50 kW daytimer Limon, Colorado again on air
at night; if not, maybe KANN Roy Utah 10/1.1 kW; or KTXW Manor TX
5.6/0.155 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. This follows up my log on KQQZ 1190 of The Grim Reaper,
where I wondered what had happened about that since June: (gh)

Eric Bueneman of Hazelwood MO sends along the following dated 9/26/19
(article courtesy of St Louis Today): [some calls corrected by gh]

The AM airwaves are about to undergo another change in the St Louis
region. Salem Communications has become the second broadcast
conglomeration to exit the region in the last three years (the other
one being Emmis Communications which pulled out in 2017).

Salem has sold WSDZ 1260 and KXFN 1380 (along with relays K236CS 95.1
and K287BY 105.3) to a Catholic group (my guess is Relevant Radio). St
Louis already has Covenant Network (WRYT 1080/KHOJ 1460) which
receives the bulk of their programming from EWTN. Salem had two
formats with intense competition; the Urban Gospel format on WSDZ 1260
had competition from KSTL 690 and KATZ 1600, while the Conservative
Talk format on KXFN 1380 had competition from KFTK 1490/97.1 and to a
lesser extent KMOX-1120 and KTRS 550.

Rumor has it that the Conservative Talk format may land on KXEN 1010.
Entertainment Media Trust (d/b/a Insane Broadcasting Company), which
owns KQQZ 1190, KZQZ 1430, KFTK 1490 (leased to Intercom) and the
now-silent WQQW 1510 has filed Chapter 7 liquidation. The licenses
have been slated for a revocation hearing next year because of
irregularities in the group ownership statements to the FCC.

Bob Romanik (The Grim Reaper of Radio), who runs the stations, has
been using one of his stations, KQQZ for a one-hour talk show that
espouses his racist views. I listened to part of his show with several
DXers at the 2018 IRCA Convention in St Charles MO; we were shocked as
to the number of racial slurs uttered on his show. I, for one, was
outraged. 1190 and 1430 are arguably the most valuable parts of the
cluster.

KZQZ 1430 Saint Louis MO is temporarily operating 50 kW DA-D. The
offensive programming is on KQQZ 1190 Fairview Heights IL.

Editorial: BANKRUPTCY FILING SUGGESTS ROMANIK'S RACIST PROGRAMMING
COULD SOON BE HISTORY, By the Editorial Board September 16 2019

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editorial/editorial-bankruptcy-filing-suggests-romanik-s-racist-programming-could-soon/article_d0c82433-5d89-5b78-ad1e-c17c4cd335e1.html

>From the sound of it, racist radio host Bob Romanik is declaring
defeat as the Federal Communications Commission advances its effort to
revoke the license of the Belleville-based stations that carry his
programming. Entertainment Media Trust, the official name of the
broadcast licensee, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and liquidation
of assets. Romanik has long tried to avoid on-air commentary about his
deepening FCC troubles, refusing to engage when callers raise the
subject. But since the bankruptcy filing on Wednesday, Romanik has
declared verbal war on the FCC and various politicians, including Sen.
Dick Durbin, D-Ill., who have urged action to shut him down.

On Monday, he declared, “FCC, kiss my axx... you scumbag, (expletive),
rotten bastards.” More than 15,000 complaints have been filed against
him, Romanik acknowledged. Many if not most of those complaints regard
his filthy on-air language, which during a typical daily broadcast can
include upwards of 50 usages of the N-word along with constant racist,
sexist and homophobic taunts. He leveled several on Monday against St
Louis and Missouri black politicians. An announcer states before each
broadcast that Romanik’s stations represent “white awareness radio,”
or WAR, while his Killer Klassic Kountry (KKK) nickname for station
KQQZ-AM suggest he is openly trying to provoke a race war.

“I don’t know how much longer you’re going to hear me,” Romanik
stated, citing a “full-court press” against him by the FCC. License
revocation is so rare, it was last used about 25 years ago. Much as
Romanik’s detractors would like to see his racist language silenced,
the FCC action is predicated on much more mundane legal principles.

The FCC alleges in court documents that Entertainment Media Trust lied
about the true nature of Romanik’s involvement in the ownership and
control of the stations. Romanik asserts the government is out to
curtail his First Amendment rights, but the real issue is that he is a
two-time felon – which negates his eligibility to own and operate
under an FCC license. Substantial financial records submitted for
review by a federal administrative law judge provide a convincing case
that Romanik tried to hide his true role in the four stations licensed
to Entertainment Media Trust.

Many of the financial documents subpoenaed by the FCC have been
redacted from public view, but ample publicly available evidence
exists to demonstrate that Romanik has repeatedly intermingled his
personal finances and political activities with those of the radio
stations. It’s entirely possible that the bankruptcy filing is a
flimsy ploy designed to convince the federal judge that the stations’
closure and liquidation of assets are imminent and, therefore, license
revocation would be redundant. But revoking the license, rare and
radical as such an action might be, is essential to send a clear
message that wanton abuse of the public airwaves will not be tolerated
(via IRCA DX Monitor Oct 12, published Oct 9, via DXLD)

** U S A. 1440, Oct 21 at 1239 UT, KEXB Dallas is still running the
Spanish/English loop about KTNO moved to 620; now with growing CCI
probably Topeka (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) More on this
filed above under 620

** U S A. 1440, Oct 25 at 1226 UT, RCC discussion in English, as KEXB,
University Park TX, has stopped stunting referring to KTNO move to
620; Paul Walker says it`s Relevant Radio. Can a call change be far
behind, since KEXB signified the kaput format, Excellence in Business?
Soon overtaken by Topeka, KMAJ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1490, Oct 21 at 1308 UT, ``APR Network News`` plug,
perhaps outro of `cast, loops E-W, briefly atop jungle. Figure it must
something from Arkansas, of which there are 3, but no connexion to any
such network in the NRC AM Log or by searching; closest is KWXT
Dardanelle; more easterly but further, KDRS Paragould; and more to the
SE, KXAR Hope. Alabama Public Radio calls itself APR, but all on FM
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1580, Oct 21 at 1304 UT, KOKB Blackwell is
still AWOL after sunrise, leaving us to hear mariachi borracha music
from the NW = KFCS Colorado Springs, which is not supposed to go from
140 watts night to 10000 day until 1315 UT in October (1345:
November), but soon fading while KHGG AR talk ascends. By 1900 UT
check, however, KOKB is back on alone (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1580, Oct 22 at 1930 UT, KOKB Blackwell is cutting off
and on the air, and when on is weaker than normal, compared to other
stations and the noise level (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1580, Oct 26 at 1752 UT, KOKB Blackwell is completely OFF
again, yet again (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1580, Oct 23 at 1502 UT, a SAH denoting more
than one station, but one of them per ID at 1503 is KOKB Blackwell,
still underpowered; and audio cuts out irregularly, unlike // 1020
KOKP Perry, where the audio is a few seconds ahead. The other 1580
likely our second closest, KHGG Van Buren AR, normally totally blocked
daytime by KOKB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 1610, Oct 27 at 1255 UT, talk in English; after sunrise
here and way after in Toronto, so could it be something else? No,
pronounces about ``aboot`` twice, and 1258 ID ``CHHA 1610 AM``. So
Voces Latinas also employs a minority language. TopEnd this time of
year can keep skywaving quite a while, but fading out by 1310.

Stale 2015/2016 program grid at
http://chha1610am.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/PostCard-CHHA-1610AM-2016.jpg
does show ``English music`` Sat & Sun until 9 am ET. But this was
all-talk (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1690, Oct 22 at 2156 UT, heavy SAH of about 2.5 Hz,
between WVON Chicago --- and?? Retén lo que Tienes, Bâton Rouge
pirate? There is certainly a second station to cause the SAH. This
long before sunset, possibly KDMT Arvada CO is already propagating
here at the Top End; WMLB further east could be if it`s no longer
silent in GA, but seldom/never heard here. I compare this SAH to
another one later at 0038 Oct 23 which is more like 2.8 Hz and
definitely between KDMT and WVON. MWOffsets had those 3.9 Hz apart so
it`s all inconclusive (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1700, Oct 21 at 1302 UT, open carrier/dead air from KKLF
Richardson TX, as confirmed by DF; KBGG Des Moines modulation also
audible by rotation of the DX-398 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Oct 22 at at 0623 UT, YL weather in English, gale
warning mentioned repeatedly; 0625 ``This is Halifax Coast Guard
Radio; out`` but immediately resumes briefly in French, back to
English. S6 vs an S5 noise level. Winterish conditions are looking up.
Maybe special broadcast as it`s 3:25 am in NS.

2598-USB also with a weaker YL voice at 0627, too weak. This frequency
covers NL and vicinity. There are a few other 2 MHz channels listed
further north and west which I have never managed to hear, if they
still exist (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 2005, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Until the next, Best of DX and 73 de Glenn Hauser

--- End Message ---