Oh ok.  So what's the story going to be for XAML then? I wrote an
application in WPF but I have to resort to writing quite some bits and
pieces in C# because XAML for example don't want to play ball when you
create a value converter in ruby not even when defining the interface.

class CharRemainingConverter

  include IValueConverter

  def convert(value, target_type, parameter, culture)
    return Constants::CHARACTER_LIMIT - value
  end

  def convert_back(value, target_type, parameter, culture)
    NotImplementedException.new("The method or operation is not
implemented.")
  end

end

I have a similar experience when it comes to DependencyProperties. I would
like to know what that story is going to around these things. Since this
applies to both WPF and Silverlight I think everything will work out fine
and I am just too soon for this stuff? Many things come to mind to solve the
DependencyProperties or the RoutedEvents like an GlobalEventManagerManager
;) and such but unfortunately some of the building blocks
(GlobalEventHandlersStore) are internal so I'm pretty sure I shouldn't mess
with it if I don't want my stuff to break in the future.

There is also an issue with ResourceDictionaries where you can't index into
them from IronRuby defining a method in C# that reads the dictionary works
just fine.

I'm not ranting or complaining.. just sharing my observations :)

Cheers
Ivan