I think you are aware of the error.. but I'd like to mention on the list
that you can get around it by first installing the gem in MRI that seems to
make it go away.

» igem install bacon
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    allocator undefined for Zlib::Inflate
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
» gem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
» igem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    can't convert Array into String

To install the rails gem there is only one issue remaining and that has to
do with a file in the actionmailer test fixtures. The name of the file ends
in a ~ and apparently ironruby doesn't like that.