Hi,

I'm currently implementing ActionFilters and ActionResults in ironruby mvc.
I do have some questions about that..
Why so many filters?  Is there an example somewhere so I can see their
intended use?

At the moment I'm doing it this way:

class HomeController < Controller
   before_filter :some_name do |ar|
      # do some really cool shizzit here
   end

   before_filter :some_action

   after_filter
   around_filter
   result_filter
   exception_filter
   authorize_filter

# or

   filter :some_name, :when => :after do |res|; end;
   filter :action_name, :when => :authorize

end

Then there are also selectors.. they seem to do the same thing as filters
but I might be mistaking. Can I just lump those together and just call it a
different kind of filter?

What would be the best strategy because the amount of filters is a little
bit over doing it IMHO ?

Cheers
Ivan