On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Clemens Ballarin wrote:

Quoting Makarius <makar...@sketis.net>:

In principle everything is possible, but one needs to try hard to minimize "options" and "features". Otherwise it becomes impossible to maintain robustness of the application. There are no proper automated test procedures, which means I usually play through all the important things manually (on 3 platform families).

Java provides support for GUI tests through a Robot class, and there are frameworks out there since everybode has this problem. It'll sure be worth investigating automatic testing (student project?).

I have heard of such things before, but have not tried anything so far.

After a few years working with JVM frameworks I no longer take anything for granted by default. It always requires a lot of extra work to make things work more than half way.

What did these people do in all these years with all the $$$$?

        Makarius