On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Makarius wrote:

Apart from that we have a split into old-school manual testing (what used to be "makeall all" and is now "build -a" as shown in the System manual, vs. newer mira/testboard.

In Isabelle/8b50286c36d3 it is section 3.3 of the "system" manual, subsection "Examples". These command lines are taken from real-life.

What I normally do for testing is this:

  isabelle build -a             # build all
  isabelle build -a -d '$AFP'   # build all with AFP

Add -j2 or -j4 or -j8 according to your hardware.

Pretty obvious?

I've developed the habit to test things both after pull and before push, since it saves more time than it costs. I usually run the full AFP test over lunch to see about its health.

Recently AFP has become a testbed for heavy-duty interaction tests of Isabelle/jEdit.

        Makarius