On Sat, 18 Oct 2014, Makarius wrote:

Back to the canonical question about "remainig uses of Proof General". After talking to many people at VSL 2014 Vienna (July 2014) and in the months afterwards, my conclusion is that nothing is left to hold us back.

So I am leaving a time window of 1-2 weeks, to put forward reasons to postpone the removal of TTY / Proof General support in Isabelle once more. If nothing happens, I will start dismantling legacy code before the end of October 2014.

This is now Isabelle/22b87ab47d3b, with the following lakonic NEWS entry:

* Proof General support has been discontinued.  Minor INCOMPATIBILITY.

The change is already 2.5 days old, but I got distracted with many small follow-up changes: after discontinuation of the TTY mode (98c03412079b) suddenly many odd things became loose and could be removed. More will follow ...

        Makarius