On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, Gerwin Klein wrote:

“build -a” is still going to miss document preparation errors in the AFP, though, so it’s still not really the right command to run for testing it.

We've had that discussion occasionally. Nowadays I usually do full "build -a -d '$AFP'" quite aggresively, but rarely -o document=pdf. It is just a matter to get the most relevant information out of the test. Document preparation adds very little, and quite often it is just a problem of the LaTeX installation anyway.

This canonical "build -a" will eventually become a certain mode of using PIDE, but without any add-on features such as -g AFP.

        Makarius