On 12/11/2015 15:31, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
There are a great many examples of theorems involving various coercion functions and
the relations =, <, <=. In a number of cases, the “real” versions were declared
as [iff]-rules, while the “of_nat/of_int” versions were declared as [simp]-rules
only. When identifying the two, I decided it would make sense to go for iff, for
maximum automation, but I now think this was a mistake. I’m trying the alternative
right now.

Same here. I avoid modifications of the claset as much as possible these days because it can lead to proof searches going astray although the goal had nothing to do with those modifications.

Tobias

Larry