On Tue, 10 Nov 2015, Mathias Fleury wrote:

in the sidekick there is a "sub-panel"^1 below the sidekick (see the red rectangle in the joint screenshot). Is there a way to have line breaks in it? The difference between it and the tooltips that appear in the sidekick, is that the tooltips disappear, when moving the cursor, while the content of the "sub-panel" does not.

^1 it is probably not its real name, but I haven't found a better one in the Isabelle/jedit manual,

I think it is called "status window", as can be seen in the little options dialog of Sidekick.

PS: I am posting to the dev mailing list, since the jEdit version changed since the 2015 release, but there are no line-breaks either in the stable version.

SideKick did not change much in the update to jedit-5.3.0 and jedit_build-20151023 in Isabelle/d40f906bb13f.

Posting on isabelle-dev instead of isabelle-users means there are less people who might potentially join into a movement to brush up some jEdit components.

        Makarius