On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, Thomas Sewell wrote:

Right. There was a plan here to investigate before the release, but the timing didn't work out.

You mean *after* the release. Bigger changes are always reconsidered after lift-off of release N, to be included in release N + 1 or N + k for k >= 2.

The present situation is that we are awaiting Isabelle2016-RC1 within a few days. Then we have several weeks of forked isabelle-dev versus isabelle-release repositories, with fewer changes on isabelle-dev than usual. Then the merge, back to normal post-release mode (approx. mid Feb-2016).

BTW, the proper point in time for discussions about potential additions to the Isabelle2016 release plan was 14-Dec-2015 on the thread "Towards the Isabelle2016 release".

        Makarius