For published versions, there probably should not be any /devel-entries links. But for papers under submission, people may have updated their AFP entries and want the reviewers to access the updated material. At least that is what I used to do for many ITP submissions. So it might be good to keep the /devel-entries URLs alive at least for some transition period.

Andreas