On 29/09/16 21:44, Sascha Boehme wrote:
> *** HOL ***
>
> * New proof method "argo" using the built-in Argo solver based on SMT
> technology.
> The method can be used to prove goals of quantifier-free propositional logic,
> goals based on a combination of quantifier-free propositional logic with
> equality,
> and goals based on a combination of quantifier-free propositional logic with
> linear real arithmetic including min/max/abs. See HOL/ex/Argo_Examples.thy for
> examples.
>
> This refers e.g. to Isabelle/ed98a055b9a5.

This looks very interesting.

How does it relate to "smt" (with Z3 in the back), concerning
performance and problem classes that can be solved?

Concerning the name "argo", is the a relation to "alt-ergo"?

For the coming release, there is still the question what to do with
"old_smt". Shall we remove it now? Or declare it more explicitly as
legacy and remove it later?

        Makarius