We are now past the fork point for the Isabelle2017 release.
Here is a summary of the status of the Isabelle development process:
* https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where
the final release preparations happen before roll-out in a few
The starting point is
* http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release
mode right now (changeset 435cb8d69e27). Anything pushed there
is for the next release after Isabelle2017.
* AFP (presently at dfb6f8bc70e3) needs to be understood wrt.
isabelle-release at the moment. Gerwin will explain when and how
the fork of afp-devel vs. afp-2017 happens.
* http://isabelle.in.tum.de/devel with the automated testing and
snapshot service follows the isabelle-dev repository; I've
refrained from forking that as well to keep the long term test
results in a linear form.
* isabelle-users is the place to discuss Isabelle2017-RC versions.
* isabelle-dev is the place to discuss ongoing post-release
The isabelle-release repository has no public push access. Any changes
that are relevant for the release need to be sent to me via email
(produced by "hg export" or "hg bundle"). Changesets need to be
prepared from a current state of isabelle-release, not the ongoing
post-release development, and applied to only one of the two repository
Changes to the actual code base should be limited to really important
During the forked state of the two repositories, big upheaveals on the
isabelle-dev repository should be avoided, so that the isabelle-release
branch can be merged back cleanly after some weeks; but it is
better to publish changes now than to stockpile them for a long time.
isabelle-dev mailing list